Much like a burrito, fajitas hold a near-universal appeal. Throw in some meat like chicken and you’ve got a great summer recipe. The recipe below will show you how to do just that with enough portions for four to six people. Here we go!
- Sour cream or Cashew Cream mix
- A pound of skinless and boneless chicken breast halves cut into slices of a ½-inch thick.
- Six warmed flour tortillas
- A pair of stemmed, thinly sliced and seeded green bell peppers
- A teaspoon of salt
- A medium, thinly sliced red onion
- Tablespoon of chili powder
- Pair of coarsely chopped garlic cloves
- Pair of tablespoons of Red Wine Vinaigrette (may also use vegetable oil)
Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees and then toss the vinaigrette, salt, peppers, chili powder, chicken, garlic, and onion together in a large mixing bowl until everything is evenly coated. Use a rimmed, large baking sheet to spread and then bake for about 25 minutes or so or until the veggies become tender and the chicken is cooked through. Make sure to stir halfway through the cooking process.
When only five minutes remain in baking, use aluminum foil to wrap the tortillas and place them in an oven until they are warmed through. You may also wrap the tortilla stack in a damp paper towel and microwave them on high for a minute.
Evenly distribute the fajita mixture among the warmed tortillas and serve along with the sour cream.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla manufacturer Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services such as tortilla food service or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-599-0357. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.