You can order pizza for delivery or you can try making your own by getting creative and using tortillas as the base. Why not add a different take on it by trying out this simple Parma ham and mozzarella twist? It takes no more than thirty minutes to prepare!
For the pizza
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- A pair of large wheat or corn tortillas
- A grated garlic clove
- Six ounces of chopped tomatoes
- Two finely chopped sprigs oregano with the leaves picked
- A tablespoon of tomato puree
For the topping
- A pair of thinly sliced mushrooms
- Small handfuls of basil and rocket leaves to serve
- Two very thinly sliced small courgettes
- A 1/3 ounce of freshly grated parmesan
- An ounce of halved, pitted black olives
- Three and a half ounces of grated half-fat mozzarella
- A trio of finely chopped salted anchovies
- Four slices (¾ ounce) of halved reduced-fat salami
- A pair of teaspoons of baby capers
- Three slices (1 ½ ounces) of roughly torn Parma ham
- Six halved, sun-blushed tomatoes
Begin by preheating your oven to 338 degrees. Place the tortillas on a pair of baking trays and bake for about five minutes or until the tortillas look crisp, but not colored. Remove them from the oven and then increase the temperature a little to 392 degrees.
Combine the tomatoes, garlic, the puree, and the oregano, making sure to mix them well. Season the mixture for taste. Spread half of the mixture evenly on the tortilla, making sure to leave a margin of about half an inch around the edges. Follow by dividing the toppings across both tortillas as you wish and then add mozzarella and the parmesan.
Bake the pizza for about twelve minutes or until the cheese has melted and become golden brown. Cut the pizza into wedge shapes and then spread the rocket leaves and basil to finish it off.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services such as tortilla customized branding, brands like Tacomex and Vedgee, or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.