- A pound of ground beef
- Eight ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- One eight-ounce can of tomato sauce
- Soft tortillas (about the size of a burrito)
- Two teaspoons of chili powder
- Half a bottle of red taco sauce
- A teaspoon of ground cumin
- Eight ounces of sour cream
- A teaspoon of minced garlic
- A 14.5 ounce can of refried beans
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- Optional ingredients: corn and half a teaspoon of crushed red pepper
Begin by browning the meat in a large skillet and then draining it and removing it from the heat. Add the spices and tomato sauce to the meat, then follow by adding the refried beans before mixing. Once that’s done, place it aside for now.
Grab a 9×13 pan and line it with cooking spray. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture and spread it along the bottom of the pan. Cut a pair of tortillas in half and place them in a pan and then cover the pan with tortillas. Use another 1/3 spoonful of the meat mixture and spread it around before covering it with about half of the cheese. Follow by adding another layer of tortillas. Spread the taco sauce and sour cream on the tortillas and whatever meat you have left. Add a final layer of cheese and once again, top with a final layer of tortillas.
Use plastic wrap and foil to freeze and then allow it to thaw. When you’re ready to serve, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about forty minutes.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services such as tortilla customized branding or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.