Is there anything better than a juicy burger? Soft tacos are arguably just as popular, and they’re great as a meal for a family or group of four. Whether you’d like to have them for dinner or as food to serve during a get-together, we think you’re going to love this delicious turkey taco recipe. Here is what you’ll need:
- Eight to ten corn tortillas
- About a 3/4 cup cilantro sprigs
- One large, chopped onion
- Three large, finely chopped garlic cloves
- A pound of ground turkey
- A tablespoon of dried oregano
- Three tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- Two teaspoons of cumin
- A large avocado, peeled and cut into large dice
- Two teaspoons of chili powder
- An eight-ounce can of tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Two cups of thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 1½ cups red or green salsa
- A cup of sour cream
- Lime wedges
- Two cups of shredded “Mexican cheese blend” (Monterey Jack, cheddar, queso fresco). Shred your own if you prefer.
Begin by heating the oil in a large skillet and then add the chili powder, onion, cumin, garlic, oregano, and turkey. Cook over medium-high heat, making sure to frequently stir the ingredients and ensuring that the turkey is broken up using the side of the spoon. Check the meat and once the pink is gone, you’re done with this step. It should take about ten minutes.
Add a cup of water and the tomato sauce as well as the red pepper flakes. Boil it all and then simmer over medium-low heat, making sure it’s uncovered. Once the sauce is reduced and you can grab a spoonful of the filling, season it with salt. This step should take about fifteen minutes.
If they aren’t already, ensure the tortillas are at room temperature. If you have a gas stove, turn on a burner to medium and once it’s hot enough place the tortilla over it to cook it until it’s golden brown. Repeat the process for the other side and the rest of the tortillas.
Don’t forget to place all of the garnishes in a bowl so that your family or guests can help themselves.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.