Today we’re taking a look at a fun tortilla recipe you can serve as a treat or dessert for your guests that also happens to vegan friendly. It’s a completely different way to prepare cinnamon rolls, that’s for sure. Here is what you’ll need:
For the cinnamon roll glaze:
- One or two tablespoons of hot water
- A cup of powdered sugar
- A tablespoon of melted vegan butter
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the tortillas:
- Three cardamom pods
- Four tortillas (whichever you prefer)
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a cup of cashew cream
- A tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Half a cup of almonds, roasted walnuts, or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Three and half ounces of melted vegan chocolate
- Half a cup of maple syrup
Begin by mixing the cinnamon, cardamom, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Apply the mix liberally to both sides of each tortilla. Using one side of the tortilla, sprinkle whatever nuts you chose, followed by a drizzle of the melted chocolate on top of the nuts. Roll up the tortillas and allow them to sit, covered, for a minimum of twenty minutes. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for ten minutes.
To make the glaze, mix all of the glaze ingredients with the melted butter until the mixture is uniform. Once it’s ready, drizzle it over the tortillas prior to serving.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.