- ¼ cup of lime juice
- Twelve flour tortillas (six or seven-inches)
- Pair of teaspoons of chili powder
- Tablespoon of minced jalapeño pepper
- Two minced garlic cloves
- A sliced onion (a cup’s worth)
- Half a teaspoon of pepper
- A green bell pepper sliced into two-inch by ¼-inch strips
- Ground cumin (¼ teaspoon)
- A pound of skinless and boneless chicken breast halves, sliced into two-inch by ¼-inch strips
- One red bell pepper sliced into two-inch by ¼-inch strips
- Tablespoon of olive oil
Begin by combining the ground cumin, lime juice, pepper, chili powder, and garlic in a medium bowl. Add the strips of chicken, toss the ingredients around, and then place it aside for about ten minutes, making sure to stir occasionally.
Use a large nonstick saute pan to heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the jalapeño, bell peppers, and onion and then cook, again stirring every once in a while. This step should take about four minutes or until the peppers become crisp-tender. Follow by adding the mixture of chicken along with the lime juice marinade, once again stirring occasionally as it cooks for about five minutes or until the chicken has been properly cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
Place the tortillas between a pair of paper towels and then microwave them on high for at least fifteen seconds or until they become warm and moist. Once you’re ready to serve, place the tortillas on a plate, use a spoonful of the chicken and veggie mix into a bowl, and you’re ready to make your fajita.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.