- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- A tablespoon plus 1 ½ teaspoons of canola oil
- Thinly sliced jalapeño pepper
- Pair of tablespoons of rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- Eight small flour tortillas
- Pair of teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- A ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- Half a teaspoon of honey
- A pound of skinned, firm white fish fillets such as tilapia for examples
- Pair of cups of thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- A ¼ teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Half a cup of shredded and peeled carrot
- A teaspoon of Sriracha
- A ¼ cup of shredded and peeled daikon radish
- Pair of tablespoons of lime juice
- A ¼ cup of thinly sliced red onion
- One ripe avocado
Begin by whisking a tablespoon of the honey, canola oil, sesame oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Follow by adding the onion, cabbage, radish, and carrot and then toss everything so that it becomes evenly coated.
After peeling and pitting the avocado, use a bowl to mash the flesh along with a tablespoon of the Sriracha and fresh lime juice plus the 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Follow by stirring everything the mixture becomes smooth.
Brush both sides of the fish using the last 1 ½ teaspoons of canola oil. Season with the ¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper. Use a grill or grill pan to cook the fish over medium-high heat for about two minutes or so on each side. You should notice grill marks on the side.
Move the fish over to a plate and drizzle with the remaining lime juice. Break the fish into chunks using a fork. Use the grill to warm the tortillas for about thirty seconds on each side. When ready to assemble, spread the avocado mix onto each tortilla, top it with the fish, slaw, jalapeño slices, and cilantro leaves, in that order.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-599-0357. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.