- Two or three shredded corn tortillas
- A pound of skinless and boneless chicken breast
- A pair of tablespoons of cornmeal
- Two minced garlic cloves
- A teaspoon of either sweet or smoky paprika
- A 14.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes in juice
- One teaspoon of ground coriander
- A ten ounce can of red or green mild enchilada sauce
- One teaspoon of chili powder
- A chopped onion
- Three or four cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
- A 15-ounce can of pinto or white beans
Place the onion on the bottom of the Crock Pot before following with the tortillas, chicken, cornmeal, tomatoes, the spices, broth, beans, and the enchilada sauce. Allow the mixture to cook on high for at least four or five hours or on the low setting for eight hours. Shred the chicken and return it to the pot. You can optionally add canned corn just to heat. Give the mixture a taste to see if it needs seasoning and add pepper and salt as you feel necessary. Fresh lime, chopped jalapeños, and shredded cheddar are a few garnish options.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services such as tortilla food service or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.