Instead of focusing on tacos, burritos, or enchiladas like we usually do, we’re switching things up slightly by presenting a soup recipe, albeit one involving tortillas. Below you’ll find the ingredients and steps to prepare one in as little as ten minutes.
- Three cups of chicken broth (low sodium)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Four five-inch corn tortillas cut into quarters
- A tablespoon of pumpkin seeds or crushed tortilla chips
- Half a cup of mild red salsa
- A ¼ cup of shredded jack cheese
- A ¼ cup of mild green salsa
- A ¼ cup of plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- A tablespoon of lime juice
- A cup of shredded, cooked chicken
- One cup of cooked black beans
Use a saucepan to heat the tortillas and broth over medium-high heat, making sure to simmer for a minute or two so that the tortillas become soft. Follow by adding the lime juice and salsa, carefully mixing in a blender for about a minute. Make sure that you don’t fill the blender more than halfway and don’t fully cover it either.
Once the mixture is blended, return it to the pan, add the beans and chicken, and reheat for an additional two minutes on medium-high heat. Pour your soup into bowls and top it with the seeds, cilantro, the cheese, and the yogurt before serving.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.