- Three tablespoons of Texas dry rub
- Twelve to sixteen flour tortillas (fajita size)
- ¾ cup of beer
- One three-pound flank steak sliced into thick strips of a 1/4-inch.
- Half a cup of fresh lime juice
- A ¼ cup of soy sauce (low sodium)
- Two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- Amber agave nectar (1/3 cup)
- Sliced jalapeños, Pico de gallo, pickled red onions, guacamole, sour cream, shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream for serving.
Whisk the three tablespoons of dry rub, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, agave, soy sauce, and beer in a medium saucepan and then bring it to a light boil over medium heat before allowing it to simmer over medium-low heat. During this time, continue to whisk the ingredients for about five minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it cool for about five minutes.
Using a large baking dish, place the steak strips and pour the mixture you just made over the strips, allowing it to cool to room temperature. Once it’s sufficiently cool enough, cover it and place it in your refrigerator for about thirty minutes.
Preheat the griddle to 350° to 400°F and then remove the steak from the mixture which you can then throw out. Return the strips to the griddle and cook them for about two to three minutes on each side or until they are done to your satisfaction.
Use a grill or griddle to warm the tortillas until they’re slightly charred, about thirty seconds or so on each side. Use a clean towel or aluminum foil to keep them warm.
This update or recipe is provided by tortilla company Easy Foods Incorporated. Our wholesale tortillas products include corn tortillas, flour tortillas, tortilla chips, and wraps. For more information on our services or brands like Tacomex and Vedgee or private label tortillas, please call 305-928-1593. Our business hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday Eastern time and we are closed on weekends.